I'm happy, and I'm sad.

I (and I'm sure many others do as well) have a love/hate relationship with the word "viability".

Main Entry: vi·a·ble
Function: adjective
1 : capable of living; especially : having attained such form and development as to be normally capable of surviving outside the mother's womb

2 : capable of growing or developing
3 a : capable of working, functioning, or developing adequately b : capable of existence and development as an independent unit c (1) : having a reasonable chance of succeeding (a2) : financially sustainable
— vi·a·bil·i·ty \ˌvī-ə-ˈbi-lə-tē\ noun


I guess it is the 'best' word to describe it, but when you are delivering 3 babies before their time, and were so naive you didn't even know about having to be 24 weeks before they can even help you/them, it hurts. Bad.

Making it to 24 weeks with Autumn is another wonderful milestone, and I consider every day I have her with me a milestone, and a HUGE blessing.

I have been so torn today, very emotional. I was in Target with Mike and the cashier asked me all sorts of questions about my belly and she was very sweet, and then out came the question of "is this your first" and I wasn't prepared when I should have been...and I didn't want to make her feel bad in the short explanation I would have only been able to give her as we were paying at the time. I said "yes". How could I say that? I went to the car and bawled my eyes out the whole way home...I felt as though I disrespected my sweet girls. Mike calmed me down, said I don't need to explain myself every time to a stranger...but its soooo hard. Sometimes I want to hide my belly so no one asks me questions, and that is rotten too....lose/lose situation.

We also had an OB appointment today, and all went well. I was tested for BV (was negative) and will also go for a UTI check at the lab tomorrow or Friday as a precaution, as I sometimes have pressure after I pee, like I have to pee more. Other than that, I am measuring well and her heartbeat is good at 142. She is not as active as I had felt the week before, I think it's getting tighter in there and she might be getting ready to be in the position that she won't be able to flip much anymore. Its all amazing. I also asked the doctor if they had any suggestions on a pillow to sleep with, because a few times I wake up and I am laying on my back which is a no-no. I've been using toss pillows but they fall off the bed or I push them to Mike. She didn't have any suggestions, but I was wondering if anyone reading this might? Thanks in advance if you do. I had some light spotting after the exam, but she said it's ok. But I know I will be watching that like a hawk.

Overall, I am grateful, grateful for my babies in Heaven, grateful for the grasshopper in my belly and grateful for wonderful supportive family, friends, ladies in bloggerland and forumland. I'll keep trudging forward, day by day, until I have little grasshopper safe in my arms.

Love, Nan xxxooo