Last Tuesday, on 20w6d, we had a really good U/S appointment with a great tech. It was our anatomy scan and it was a little rough, because I never finished our anatomy scan with the triplets, so ofcourse that was in my head. But baby girl was moving around and doing all sorts of acrobatics and we left with two thumbs up. And also our previa moved up...YAY!
On Friday, we had our OB appt, which also went without a hitch, the docs are so pleased on how we are doing, minus the cramping and my never ending back pain (which, by the way, I would take anyday just to have my living child in my arms). So our next OB appt is next Friday and our next U/S is in a week and a half.
On Saturday, we celebrated our triplet angels first heavenly birthday. At the end of the day, Mike and I were snuggling together, finally winding down from all of the things we did that day, and baby girl started to kick my lower belly...I quickly grabbed hubby's hand and she did it two more times....hubby finally felt her!!! And how bittersweet that it was on my angels' birthday. I always see those things as signs...because that was a huge first for us. She is moving and rolling alot, but its here and there, nothing on command per say. But I will take it :) I didn't feel the triplets that much, I think they were all squished up in my belly wih no room. Still love thinking about both pregnancies...day dreaming.
Ok, so today. Not such a good day, but everything is fine for now. I woke up around 7, made myself a cup of decaf coffee and was getting ready to get in the shower. My bladder (always full) was calling so I sat down to pee, looked (saw nothing - but I always have to look), and then....I wiped (and looked - I always have to look), and had a good bit of bright red blood. Pause for a second, it this really what I am seeing? Wipe again and look, yup....'hon, wake up, I have some blood'...and we hurried to get dressed and out the door to the ER. *sigh* Crying the whole way to the hospital and hitting traffic, we talked to my SIL who works there and she said to bypass the ER and go straight to L&D triage. She asked if my docs knew I was coming, I said no I called you...silly, I need to remember to call my docs huh! Anyway, I was a mess, we were put immediately into a triage room, I got changed and layed there on that table, again, thinking the worst. The nurse came in, she checked our baby girls' heartbeat and she was moving and the rate was good 145...that was one sigh of relief, but ofcourse any BLM knows its not all that needs to be cleared. My SIL had arrived to see how we were also, and she checked the contraction monitor for me and tried calming our nerves (no contractions). I felt so bad for Mike too, it was like we were preparing ourselves again to tell everyone something might be wrong. I dont want to have him ever go through this again. His face was an open book. We then waited about 15 minutes to see a resident and I had two internal exams and I had so much pressure. The doc told me I did not have a rupture and there was no active bleeding and that my cervix was holding well. They didn't know where the blood came from, but explained sometimes a blood vessel can break. I was allowed to go home (thank you Lord). I really could have gone without todays scare though, all I can try to do is put a positive spin on it and say we did the right thing and we acted quickly, and that now I know what it's like to be back in the hospital again and hopefully I wont go back until July for the birth of our precious baby girl. I guess the tissues I was supposed to donate will not be delivered by me...I will have to ask someone to do it for us. I wish I were stronger, but some things I jut cannot help. We made it thru another day, and thats all I can do. Pray pray pray.
On Wednesday of this week, I will be 22w0d, please pray we keep making these milestones...I thank you.
Since my last post, we have also decided on a name for baby girl. She is now Autumn Marie Reiber...and she is still our baby girl grasshopper too :)
Love to you all xxxooo N


11 comments:
SO glad that all seems ok with your sweet little grasshopper! I LOVE her name. I know this sounds very cheesy, but ages ago...I mean AGES ago...I had a coveted Cabbage Patch kid. Like when they first came out and moms were fighting in the stores to get one. And I named my sweet little doll Autumn Marie!!!
End of cheese. Seriously, praying for nothing but stress-free days until baby girl is here!!!
So glad the scare is over, and praying that you have smooth sailing from now on! I love you and am praying up a blue streak for the Reibers!!! Baby Autumn will be here and I'm so excited to meet her! Keep resting and taking good care of you sweetheart! Hug Mike too!
Oh honey,
I can't even imagine going back to that mental space & I'm sorry you had to revisit the uncertainty. However, I am certain of one thing, Autumn Marie is going to be safe in your arms very soon.
I'm happy all is well...many prayers are being said for sweet baby girl :)
Hang on sweet friend, we're gonna make it...together anything is possible. xoxo
Love you my Toe Twin,
xoxo
So glad that she is ok! How scary!! Love her name and many prayers that next week will pass, and the week after, etc with no issues! Many thoughts with you that she will be safe in your arms in July! ((((HUGS))))
ugh- I felt sick reading your post because I always did the same thing- (check when I'd wipe) and I must tell you this- I have MANY friends who bled through their pregnancies... one woman even actuallly hemeraged (sp?) and her little girl is perfectly healthy and remained that way- that being said- I still pray that whatever caused the bleed will go away. Lord knows you don't even need any stress right now! I love that you are feeling her kick! Hang in there!
Huge hugs-
Laura
ugh- I felt sick reading your post because I always did the same thing- (check when I'd wipe) and I must tell you this- I have MANY friends who bled through their pregnancies... one woman even actuallly hemeraged (sp?) and her little girl is perfectly healthy and remained that way- that being said- I still pray that whatever caused the bleed will go away. Lord knows you don't even need any stress right now! I love that you are feeling her kick! Hang in there!
Huge hugs-
Laura
I'm terrible sorry you had that scare, but very thankful that everything is okay. You've come so far! I'll keep you in my prayers. I love your daughter's name! It's absolutly beautiful! Hope you have many smooth days ahead!
Hugs,
Tabitha
Glad things are well! Keeping you guys in prayer!!!
I am sorry you had a scare but i am so glad things are fine. You are continually in my prayers, and I Love the name, it's gorgeous. Sending you love my friend.
Keep updating us, Nan!
I absolutely LOVE the name Autumn. And she is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!
awww Autumn is a beautiful name. What a beautiful update Nan. Thank you for sharing her with us.
Post a Comment