Imagine being in a movie where you just did a 2 hour scene, and the director is a complete jerk saying "we gotta do it all over again"...take a deep breathe and then act the scene all over again...take 2! That is kind of how I felt yesterday...another take from the scene last Monday. Everything appears to be fine, but we had to go to the ER again yesterday for bleeding/spotting. It was almost an exact re-enactment of last Monday, but with different docs/nurses, a slight wait because L&D was busy, and me knowing exactly where I needed to go (being a little calmer surprisingly, and thanks to all of the prayers too). Mike was lugging around my tissue boxes (donations for the girls' birthday) because I do not want to set foot back in there until it is safe for Autumn to be born healthy happy and alive! I figure that might not be realistic, but hey, it doesn't hurt to be optimistic! I could certainly do without any more scares, please and thank you. But I will take whatever comes my way if it means she is safe.
I am glad I feel confident in the care I am receiving...they tell me what to do, they don't let me choose what I want to do, and that is how I think it should be, guided by the knowledgeable ones. Thats really important to me. I would add that to a list of questions when looking for a new OB "how do you handle phone calls from a baby-lost mom" and "will you let the patient choose what they want to do or tell them what they should do".
So we had our 22w6d ultrasound today, and here is Miss Autumn...mostly profiles :)
She is doing really well, and my cervix is holding long and closed thankfully. She was head-butting my cervix on screen, was kinda funny :) She has been moving lots since Sunday night (AMAZING FEELING!!!), so much that I thought she was dancing on my cervix and I thought the possibility of blood was from that, but the docs said its highly unlikely. The U/S tech was the same one from our last appointment and she is really nice, she even offered info that the bleeding might be from a cyst I had on my left ovary. I had no idea that I had a cyst there, but she explained that it usually shows up with pregnancy and its extremely common to have them during pregnancy, and almost rare not to have them. Hmmmm....
I am so glad that I am feeling that this pregnancy is not in 'complete' comparison to my triplet babies, that Autumn has her own story and lots of firsts too. She is so loved. And Daddy loves to start giving her pats and feel her kick more! There are no patterns to when she kicks or anything yet...not that I can tell anyhow. For now I am enjoying this new feeling :)
Love, Nan xxxooo

13 comments:
Glad that she is doing well, I hope there are no more trips to L&D until she is good and cooked! This one has been dancing on my cervix a few times, feels weird! Its great to feel them dance all round inside you though. Thinking of you!
So happy that everything is okay! Thanks also for keeping us updated because I think of you often. Can't wait until you reach the finish line!
Hugs,
Tabitha
So glad you and Autumn are doing well. xx
Yeaaaa for miss Autumn staying in her oven for a while longer! She just needs to cozy up in there for some more weeks, but remember that you have less weeks left than you've already gone, more than half way there! What a blessing. I'm praying for no more scares for you, as it's just too much on the heart (and on mine too!). Keep taking good care of you and you and Mike enjoy the process! Love you tons!
Sweet Friend,
You are right, Autumn "grasshopper" has her very own story to tell, and its going to be a beautiful story of love :) I'm ever grateful for the hands that are taking good care of you and for the decisions that are made on your behalf. You are right, its nice to feel taken care of.
As for the uncertainty, there will always be "some", as its inevitable. However, your willingness to live in the moment will carry you through these next weeks. And, we will all be standing next to you in spirit and rallying you on to the finish line!
Be good to yourself and enjoy this beautiful little girl growing inside you. It's heart warming to know that she's active and Mike can show her love in the way of pats. Keep singing to her and rub her for Aunt Bebe :)
Love to you my Angel on Earth...we're gonna make it!
xoxo
PS Did I say how gorgeous Autum Marie is??? Those u/s pic's always make me smile :)
More HUGS
xoxo
If you feel like a blog award, you've got one on my page!! Love you Nannie!
Oh, Nan, honey, I'm so sorry about the trips to L & D but I'm so glad everything is still looking ok. When they do the u/s to measure my cervix, I can see the baby's head bouncing and it's sooo weird! And the kickign of the cervix makes me totally and completely freak out . I'm so glad to see someone else talk about this!!!
I'm thinking of you SO often and sending you hugs, and I just can't wait until it's July and we have our sweet little girls here with us and we can swap stories about crabby babies.
HUGS!!! Thanks for the update-I get nervous when I don't hear from people for a while. I'm a freak! :)
gorgeous girl!!!
She's just breathtaking...and I don't mean that in the Seinfeld way, but in the "It's amazing to see her so secure and wonderful, takes my breath away" way...
I hate the scary trips for you, but am so glad they end up ok. You are right in that you have a lot of peoplepraying for you!!!
Autumn, you're GORGEOUS!
Glad to hear Autumn is still tucked in safe. She's darling! Thinking of you! Praying for no more trips to L&D, too. xxoo
just checkin' in, been thinking about ya'll a lot the last few days. hope you're doin' well!
Ah Nan! I feel you! I remember when someone asked me if Joe was my first and I said yes and bawled like a babe- Those questions are so hard and though we think about them- sometimes in that moment it is so hard... Wish I could just give you a hug!
And on another note- I AM SOOOO HAPPY that Autumn is doing so well! I had some light spotting with all of mine after any exam (and I NEVER had a single contraction EVER)- as for the pillows- I wish I could give you a better answer- I always did the same- and they always fell out of my bed too! :-)
Thinking of you!
Praying Always!
Hugs-
L
Post a Comment